If you’re considering building your AR-15 rifle and want to bypass the complexities of acquiring an FFL or prefer a DIY project, AR-15 80% LOWER RECEIVERS may pique your interest. These lower receivers aren’t classified as fully assembled firearms, allowing them to be delivered directly to your doorstep without requiring a background check, as long as you finish the remaining 20% on your own.
An AR15 80 lower empowers you to build a rifle in various calibers. It offers the same receiver the versatility to serve as a .300 blackout lower receiver or any other common AR-15 caliber of your choice, in addition to the standard 5.56mm configuration.
80% Arms provides 80% lowers in multiple color options, all crafted from aerospace-grade 6061-T6 aluminum. This material offers great resistance to corrosion, remarkable durability, and ease of milling. Each of our AR-15 80% lowers features a flared magwell and an integrated trigger guard optimized for use with heavy winter gloves.
Our FDE 80% lowers, as well as the OD Green and Pink variants, are finished with a high-quality ceramic-based paint called Cerakote. Cerakoted 80% lowers not only allow you to match your rifle to your surroundings but also provide added protection, being highly resistant to scratches, impacts, and adverse weather conditions.
By opting for an 80 lower, you can bypass the traditional purchasing process, invest in your hobby, and exercise your Second Amendment rights by crafting your own AR-15 rifle from the ground up.
Cerakoting: Cerakoting involves applying a liquid ceramic coating to the surface of your lower receiver. This process enhances resistance to high heat, prevents corrosion, reduces friction in moving rifle parts, and offers a high degree of customization for achieving your desired aesthetic.
Anodizing: Anodizing, also referred to as hard coating, involves using an electrochemical process to produce a robust, visually appealing anodic oxide finish on an AR-15 80 lower. This process immerses the lower in an acid bath while applying an electrical current, which generates a concentrated layer of oxidation. This significantly reduces the likelihood of environmental factors damaging your rifle’s finish.
For an exclusive comparison of anodized and Cerakote lower receivers, refer to our comprehensive guide on the subject.
Manufacturing: Forged lowers involve the shaping of two rough aluminum pieces that are heated and hammered together, followed by machining for refinement. Billet lowers, on the other hand, are machined from a single aluminum block using CNC machines, allowing for more artistic design freedom.
Functionality: Forged lowers maintain consistent dimensions both internally and externally across manufacturers, whereas billet lowers offer manufacturers greater creative latitude.
Weight: Forged lowers tend to be lighter than their billet counterparts, although choosing a billet lower crafted from high-quality aluminum can enhance durability.
Still uncertain about which type to choose? Read our comprehensive guide on forged vs. billet lowers for further insights.
To complete AR-15 80% LOWER RECEIVERS, you’ll need a compatible 80 lower jig that can be used with a drill and router. If you have access to a drill press, even better! Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific instructions for completing an 80 lower due to the ATF’s “final rule,” which equates instructions, guides, and manuals with actual firearms.
For AR-15 lowers, we recommend the following consumable tooling:
– 5/32 drill bit or a similar tool for the hammer and trigger hole.
– 3/8 drill bit or a similar tool for the safety sector.
Will Any Standard AR-15 Lower Fit Any Standard Upper?
Yes, any standard AR-15 upper will be compatible with a standard AR-15 lower.
How Much Does an AR-15 Lower Cost?
At 80% Arms, we offer affordable prices for our AR-15 80% lower receivers, with most options priced between $89.99 and $129.99.
Do AR-15 Lowers Wear Out?
The lower itself does not deteriorate, but certain components such as buffer tubes are more susceptible to damage and breakage. Proper cleaning and maintenance are essential to maximize the longevity of your lower receiver.
Are All AR-15 Lowers the Same?
Not all AR-15 lowers are identical. You can choose between billet or forged lowers, each with its own style, and production materials can range from polymers to various aluminum alloys.
Does an AR-15 Lower Affect Accuracy?
Your lower receiver will have no impact on the accuracy of your rifle.
Do I Need to Serialize My 80 Lowers?
According to federal law, a raw 80% lower does not require a serial number. However, after completing the firearm, certain states like California may require serialization. Refer to our guide on how to serialize an 80% lower for detailed instructions.
Showing all 2 results
Pick an item from a wide range of revolvers, carbines & handguns. Ship it directly to your home.
All Rights Reserved. Developed by 80percentarmsbroker